Friday, July 9, 2010

Th3 R3@l!ty b3h!nd a @n!m!T3D Mov!3...


*Remember this is my personal criticism of this movie. You can have a different perspective. 

When I saw the thriller of this classic Disney animated movie called Toy Story 3 my kids and I were very excited to see this movie. I woke up a Father's Day Sunday morning I decided to take my daughter to see this movie in the 3D version. Before the movie we waited for 40 mins in a long line. Then inside the room we had to select the best spot and I had to run back to purchase my daughter's popcorn kids combo so that her movie experience would be completed. And then I sat there taking a bite of my first nacho with cheese and the movie began to demonstrate the reality of it's message.

First, I was impressed with the metro sexual  Ken. He is obsessed  with fashion. He even looked gay. Barbie on the other hand seemed dumb and less interested into fashion. Oh and the worst was that Barbie is presented as a female that needs desperately a male company for everything. Sadly, It was like watching a straight woman falling in love with a gay guy...omg!

Second, the cute pink teddy bear with personal issues in which he would manipulate and bully the other toys. As usual a person that acts violent in many cases hides a background of suffering a traumatic experiences in life. His traumatic experience was being replace by a new exact teddy bear. The little girl forgot her toys and instead of returning back to get them her mom just bought a new one. Curiously the baby and the sad clown weren't replace. But the teddy wanted them to feel the same negative feeling. 

Third, the switch of Buzz Light Year language from English to Spanish. Me and my kids thought it was cool, because we live in a island that is main language is Spanish. But I was thinking what are the intentions or the message behind this? Because I watched the behind scenes and the creator said it  was funny.  As a Spanish speaker I don't see it funny or is it that they are trying to make us feel less for speaking another language. Even the dance moves of this toy is giving a sexual attraction to the cow girl Jessie. I don't think it's appropriate for those ages.

Fourth, the innocent baby doll. OMG! That baby was the bouncer of the bully teddy bear. He was manipulated by him. What ironic thing a baby doll that is so delicate and sweet; made with the only purpose of introducing girls to motherhood is an manipulated violent doll. That can frustrate any little girl or her mothers' that want their daughters' to be more feminine.      

Fifth, the movie presents the toddlers  like little monsters that destroy toys. Obviously those toys are not suitable for that age. They can be dangerous for them. These toys are like collectibles. That is the reason Fisher Price and Little Tots exists. 

I might think that I don't have nothing positive to comment about this movie. Well, I have to say that the 3D version was awesome and that it has a positive message for kids. The character of woody represents loyalty and fidelity towards his owner and toy buddies. Also this movie shows the ability to forgive their bully (Pink Teddy Bear) and save him from the fire; is a moral trait needed in our society. Plus the power to change the negative attitude like the baby doll and other figurine characters to be part of  the good toys. 

These type of movies are good to watch them, but I would not recommend it for kids. Its content is for a more mature audience. If you still want your little ones to watch it, don't leave them alone. Be part of the experience and clear all doubts. Well, until the next movie.  

If you haven't seen the movie don't watch this movie critic film. 






2 comments: